The Carpe Diem Society honors alumni and friends who make a commitment to Montclair State University by will, revocable living trust, life insurance, life-income gift, beneficiary designation on a retirement account or other deferred gift arrangement.
Qualifying commitments may be of any amount, and may be directed to support programs of the donor’s choice. Donors are encouraged to consider gift designations that provide as much flexibility as possible to meet the changing needs of the future.
In recognition of their special relationship with the University, Carpe Diem Society members will receive:
- Lifetime stewardship
- Invitation to the annual membership luncheon (held in the Spring)
- Invitations to major campus events
- Recognition on the Carpe Diem Society Honor Roll (if desired)
- Complimentary subscription to the Carpe Diem Society newsletter
Joining is Simple
Once you decide to make an estate gift to support Montclair State University, inclusion as a member of the Carpe Diem Society takes just three simple steps:
- Document Your Gift. With the help of your professional advisors, include a gift to the Montclair State University — through a bequest life insurance or living trust — in your estate plan. A gift of any size qualifies you for membership.
- Submit Your Carpe Diem Society Membership Form. Complete the form and return it to our Office of Development. We will keep the details of your gift confidential, and you are welcome to decline public recognition.
- Notify the Office of Development. Complete the digital or print version of the Gift Intention Form. Send the Office of Development a copy of your will, trust agreement or insurance policy. If you prefer, you may copy just the relevant part of your will or trust agreement or the cover and beneficiary pages of your insurance policy. If you and your spouse both seek membership and have separate wills, please submit copies of both documents. This applies also to trust agreements and insurance policies.
Please contact Ely F. Santoni, CFRE, Senior Director of Gift Planning, at 973-655-3695 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Your Legacy Makes an Impact
“I don’t think many people realize how important scholarships are to college students, how life changing they really can be. Your generous gifts allow students like me to continue to study, and it is because of loyal donors that I can continue my education and follow my dream. I am deeply grateful, and I hope to pay it forward someday.”
Morgen O’Neal ’20 – Carpe Diem Society Luncheon April 19, 2018